Wildsam Field Guides: Yosemite
Wildsam Field Guides: Yosemite leads travelers into California's legendary high Sierras, the land of sheer granite, deep valleys and towering waterfalls.
We'll tell the story of the famed national park with guidance from experts and Yosemite veterans, including climber Chelsea Griffie, search and rescue mountaineer and writer Lauren DeLaunay Miller, actor Lee Stetson, graphic designer David Alcorn, naturalist David Lukas and others. Page by page, readers will discover:
- A month-by-month guide for Yosemite activities
- A guide to the flora and fauna of this wondrous natural area
- Climbing wisdom from Royal Robbins and a climbing lexicon
- Hiking trails, historic sites, and a three-day road trip itinerary within the park
- Our best recommendations for your Yosemite visit from lodging and snow shoes to aerial tours and river rafts, and more
This handsome volume ventures into the wild history of rock climbing, John Muir's classic conservationist writing, Indigenous history, great hikes and campsites and the park's natural wonders.