The American Experiment
In this lively collection of conversations—the third in a series from David Rubenstein—some of our nations’ greatest minds explore the inspiring story of America as a grand experiment in democracy, culture, innovation, and ideas.
- Jill Lepore on the promise of America
- Madeleine Albright on the American immigrant
- Ken Burns on war
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. on reconstruction
- Elaine Weiss on suffrage
- John Meacham on civil rights
- Walter Isaacson on innovation
- David McCullough on the Wright Brothers
- John Barry on pandemics and public health
- Wynton Marsalis on music
- Billie Jean King on sports
- Rita Moreno on film
Exploring the diverse make-up of our country’s DNA through interviews with Pulitzer Prize–winning historians, diplomats, music legends, and sports giants, The American Experiment captures the dynamic arc of a young country reinventing itself in real-time. Through these enlightening conversations, the American spirit comes alive, revealing the setbacks, suffering, invention, ingenuity, and social movements that continue to shape our vision of what America is—and what it can be.